Just Organik - Organic Ragi Flour/ Finger Millet Flour Whole, 2 lbs
Store in cool and dry place
Weight: 2 lbs each bag, total 4 lbs
Brand: Just Organik
Category: Grocery / Flour / Rice / Dal
Organic Finger Millet (Ragi) Flour :
- Finger millet, also known as Ragi, Nachni, Madua, etc. is one of the most nutritious millets grown in several parts of the world including India.
- Just Organik Ragi is sourced from the certified organic farms from the hills of Uttarakhand, where it is locally known as 'Mandua' or 'koda' and is a regular part of the daily diet of the people.
- The flour is prepared by stone grinding organic grains. It is used in various preparations like chapatis, halwas, pancakes, cookies, etc.
- Being a millet flour, it is naturally gluten-free and is considered the best grain flour to obtain Dietary Calcium (344mg/100g).
- The high calcium content and non- glutinous nature makes it highly suitable for gluten & lactose-intolerant people.
- Ragi Flour is rich in many nutrients and loaded with various health related benefits. It can be used as it is to prepare chapatis however many people generally prefer to mix it with whole wheat flour or other flours.
Millet flours, either used as an alternative or as an addition to the whole wheat flour, can be incorporated in your regular diet regime. Good source of many nutrients and anti-oxidants, millet flour consumption is associated with many health related benefits.
The importance of millets was somehow overshadowed by the glitters of ‘Refined- grains’. However, the dramatic increase in various lifestyle diseases (Obesity, Diabetes, etc.) and growing concern for the worsening climate situation have resulted in the quest to find healthier and more input-savvy grain options than wheat and rice. This has brought attention back to the Millets, grown and consumed in several parts of the world. Due to the immense nutritional value & health benefits and fewer input requirements to cultivate them (when compared to wheat and rice), these ancient and smart foods are making a serious comeback.
The United Nations has also declared the Year 2023 as ‘the International year of Millets’.
Aids in digestion - Packed with Dietary fiber, ragi helps in aiding the digestion process. The fiber present in Ragi helps to keep bowel movement regular, thus preventing constipation and other digestion related concerns.
Rich in Amino Acids - Ragi is a rare plant source containing essential amino acids like isoleucine, tryptophan, valine, methionine and threonine, essential for several biological processes which makes it a perfect food option for both vegetarian and vegan diets.
Strong teeth and bones- Being a good source of dietary calcium, ragi helps in maintaining strong teeth and bones.
Gluten Free- A good option of obtaining energy and nutrition for the people suffering from Celiac diseases and gluten sensitivities.
Ragi is a source of iron and other nutrients, thus helping in maintaining good circulation, optimising the immune system, aiding in weight-loss and improving the overall health.
Finger Millet or Ragi flour can be used to make chapatis, idlis, dosa, ladoos, cookies, cakes, pancakes, crepes, halwas, etc..
This item in Atta / Rice / Dal category was first added to our catalog on 02-03-2022.
Atta / Rice / Dal
Buy Flour Atta online at best price in the USA.
As a leading online Indian store, we offer great deals on Atta / Rice / Dal (Flour Atta)
like Pack of 2, Just Organik - Organic Ragi Flour/Finger Millet Flour, 2lbs each
with very low delivery charge.
Atta / Flour / Rice / Dal
collection has been tagged as organic indian grocery,usda certified,online groceries,flour / rice / dal,grain atta,beans & pulses,instant flour mix.
**DISCLAIMER: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ ANY ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS INFORMATION ON THE PACKAGE. MADE IN FACILITY THAT PROCESSES NUTS. If you have any allergies please do not consume this product.
Please Note: All products sold online on Desiclik.com are brand new.
Suggested & Popular Searches...