Arts of India stocks & sells an exclusive collection of traditional hand carved furniture imported from India including traditional handcrafted indoor jhula and swings for your living room, handrafted tables & chairs for your living room, Indian furniture for bedroom or kitchen as well as wedding ceremony Pooja sets.
Presenting great art and culture of India, these traditional items will take u back to memories to relieve with traditional furniture and creat your own palace maharaja style.
Each wooden furniture piece is handmade of solid wood & has detailed carvings.
Due to the size of these products, we DO NOT accept any returns. Please reach out to us with any question before making your purchase:
Terms & conditions
Unlike machined products which are made in large quantities, each part of our products is made individually and most of the work is done by hand. As a result, there are probabilities of variations in carving designs & finish.
1. Due to the nature of our products - including where they are made and the work & services involved to get them to the customers - these products are non-returnable once shipped. However, if it is the wrong item, we provide the replacement without any cost to the client. If the replacement item is not available, we need to get it from our unit in India. This may take a few months depending on when our next shipment arrives.
2. Our products are warranted against any defect/damage up to 3 months after supply. It is our responsibility to resolve any of the issues which include manufacturing defects, damage in transit, missing parts, and any issue developed during use (non-accidental damage only).
3. For any damage/defect, the item/part will be replaced OR repaired depending on the part & nature of the defect. If the damage is on a small detachable part of an item, we provide the replacement of that part. If the damage is on a portion of a big part that can’t be detached (for example, a corner of a big swing panel/sofa frame is chipped off), we provide full assistance for local repair by the customer and pay the cost of material needed. In case the damage needs repair by an outside person/professional, we reimburse the cost up to a reasonable amount only after our approval of the cost.
4. Normally we keep stock of small items like hardware and can ship in a week if needed. Some small replacement parts if needed are made in India and shipped directly by courier, it may take 2-3 weeks depending on the part.
5. Any damage that needs to be repaired by the customer either by himself or by hiring a person, we reimburse the cost of repair up to a reasonable cost. If the customer doesn’t agree/wants a replacement, we may consider it depending on the part and the type of damage. However, there can be additional charges along with shipping costs (both ways) and customs charges if involved.
Below are some common issues with handcrafted items. These can be resolved very easily and has to be done by the customer. We provide full assistance to our customers.
* Scratches, paint chip off (especially in Sankheda products), wood chip off, dents and hairline cracks are common in any handcrafted items. These are not considered as damage. In fact, they don't affect the strength & functionality of the product. These issues can easily be resolved by paint touch-ups and if needed by filling the cracks with wood filler. Paint touch up is mostly done by permanent markers available in most colors at any art shops like Michael. Wood fillers & brown stains are available at shops like Home Depot & Walmart. These are not costly, but we are ready to cover the charges.
* Hairline cracks & gaps are common in any natural solid wood furniture even those made locally. Even when the wood is properly treated and dried, there are always chances of moisture remaining inside. This moisture tries to come out as it dries which creates the cracks. These cracks/gaps don't affect the strength/functionality of the item, but still could affect the look especially if it is on the front. In such scenarios, wood fillers with glue are to be used to fill up the gap then touched up with paint or stain. We are ready to reimburse the cost of these materials.
* Sometimes, there can be issues of balancing mainly in the swings. These can happen either due to an uneven floor or legs. In most of this case, this issue gets resolved automatically on its own after using it for a couple of days. Sometimes putting a felt pad under the legs is useful if there is much variation.
* Despite each item being fully assembled and tested before being packed, there is a very low probability of a hole/groove misalignment issue. In most cases, a manual adjustment resolves the issue. If there is a big variation in the alignment and a handy person is needed, we are ready to reimburse the charges.
* The fabric design pattern keeps changing in the market. Hence there is a possibility that the actual fabric is different than shown in the product picture.
All orders will be processed in around 3-7 business days. If you have any other question, please contact us.
We make every effort to keep a good stock of all the items on our site. Occasionally, a high-demand item may be sold out. If an item you ordered is sold out, we will notify you via email.
Shipping Charges: Since these are heavy products, we generally use freight service and the shipping is dependent on the destination and weight. We charge 10% as initial shipping deposit. Once an order is placed, we will find out actual shipping and let you know if there is any additional shipping we need to charge and will contact you. In case we have charged any additional shipping, we will refund any additional charge.