- Fresh USDA Certified Organic Cassia Cinnamon Sticks
- Certified Batch Tested
- Product of India but carefully hand-packed in Texas.
- Great for adding it in savory Indian dishes such as curries, rice, meat, teas, cinnamon roll.
- Comes in a Resealable Bag.
Once regarded as a gift fit for kings, Cassia is the type of cinnamon most commonly used in North American and European recipes, especially desserts. With its slightly spicy aroma and warm, sweet flavor, it is often used in savory dishes in the Middle East and India. Originating in China, Cassia cinnamon has a long history in Chinese medicine and Ayurveda. Our organic cassia cinnamon sticks are made of the highest quality Cassia with no fillers
Recipe to Try:
For a spiced apple cider to warm you on a cold night, combine 4 cups of apple cider, 1 cinnamon stick, ¼ teaspoon allspice, 4 cloves, and two tablespoons of sugar in a pot. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Remove cloves and cinnamon before serving. Add rum if desired. Pour into cups and serve.
- Cassia cinnamon is also known as cinnamon bark is widely used for spicing up the flavor in food and drink.
- Cassia cinnamon induces a strong, spicy flavor and is used for baking goods, especially in a cinnamon roll.
- Great for adding it in savory Indian dishes such as curries, rice, meat, teas, cinnamon roll, and homemade apple pie or spiced cider drink.
Use whole organic cassia cinnamon sticks in recipes and remove them before serving, or grind them into powder and use them as a seasoning.